T he William H.Clark Funeral Home has been owned and operated by the Clark family since 1948 when William H. Clark and his wife Florence moved to Stroudsburg with their two young children, Christine and William H.E.. They purchased the funeral business from the estate of Glenn W. Kisor. Prior to coming to Stroudsburg, Mr. Clark was a licensed funeral director at Groff's Funeral Home in Lancaster.
The business dates back to the early 1800's when it started under the ownership of J.H. McCarty. From then it changed hands and was operated by Brown & Keller, R.B. Keller and Glenn W. Kisor before being taken over by Mr. Clark. Currently the Clark's have records that date back to the 1920's.
In 1984 Mr. & Mrs. Clark sold the business to thier son, William H.E. Clark who is a 1968 graduate of Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science. In 1968 he married Kristen Schiebel and they have two children, William H.E. Clark, Jr. and Amanda Denny; and four wonderful grandchildren, Brandon Clark, AJ Denny, Sara Denny, and Kevin Clark.
The Clark's employees have been associated with the funeral home for many years and are considered family. They are dedicated to serving each family with respect and sensitivity.
It is the Clark family's hope that they we will be able to serve and meet the needs of all our families for generations to come.